Tuesday, October 16, 2007
How to Wear a Saree
1. Starting with a blouse and a tight half-slip, hold the unbordered
end of the saree in your left hand and take it around the waist as
2. Tuck it around into the slip.
3. Next, make pleats with about one yard of the saree.
4. Then, tuck the pleats into the front.
5. Next carry the balance around your waist in the back as seen above
6. Then bring it below the right arm over chest to left shoulder
7. Next, after just a little pull for smartness, hold the balance in the left hand as shown.
8. And finally, throw over the left shoulder... and there you are !
MISSIONARY, SOUTH INDIA